The History behind our Business
Set up in 1989 by the Kemp Family, TRS started its identity as Trowell Recovery Services Limited and operated as a Vehicle Recovery Company in the East Midlands, with a team of over 50 employees across four depots.
TRS acted as a ‘one stop’ shop for all vehicle recovery, roadside and automotive requirements, including many of the services we offer today. The Trowell trucks were a common sight in and around the locality up until 2007, with a fleet operating 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
In 2004, TRS Commercials Limited was established as an Isuzu Truck dealership acting as a Truck sales, servicing, parts and warranty dealership in the East Midlands area.
During 2007, the family decided to sell the Roadside and Recovery aspects of the business to a local competitor and to focus entirely on building TRS Commercials into the business you recognise today; TRS Vehicle Centre.
We remain a family business to this day and we are proud of our roots in the recovery industry, it means we understand the urgency behind every customer’s needs.
In 2018, we happily welcomed Sean Stevenson to the team as a Director and Co-Owner of the Vehicle Centre and we are very excited about the future of Team TRS.
Since 2007, we have taken over 80 years of combined experience and established ourselves as one of the largest independent vehicle centres in the Nottingham and Derby area.
Offering MOT’s, Servicing, Tyres and Repairs for Cars and Vans, we also have the benefit of being able to offer HGV maintenance too and have an excellent team of qualified, multi-skilled and experienced technicians.
We also offer MOT’s for classes 4, 5 and 7 and we have recently invested in new MOT equipment.
We are conveniently located 5 minutes from Junction 25 of the M1 and are easily accessible from both Nottingham and Derby.
Our team are proactive, positive, experienced professionals focused on customer satisfaction, customer confidence and customer care.
We have invested in the best technology available to the industry to ensure we can offer our customers everything under one roof, backed up by an experienced and qualified team of Technicians.
Our brand alliance with Mobil 1 Oils, The RAC, AA and Service Sure speaks for itself – we are trusted by both them and over 10,000 customers each year. We are also audited and regulated by the Motor Ombudsman.
- We can cater for same day appointments – contact us to find out our availability
- We work to a fixed price service menu for cars and vans
- We offer No Cost flexible finance solutions – ask our service team for more information
- Customer Confidence, Care and Satisfaction is central to our business – it is at the very heart of our family ethos
- We get asked all the time “Do you only cater for HGV’s?” – NO! We are actually a Car and Van Service Centre first and foremost with the advantage of also being able to cater for HGV Customers needs
- We will never carry out any work to your vehicle without your authorisation. Our Service Team are trained to provide you with the best recommendations and advice for your vehicle
- We have a fleet of 15 Courtesy Vehicles available for our customers use. Ask our Service Team for more information